Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Septembeer up date



PRAISING THE LORD



Precious Moments School has 180 children, so far thanks to Victory Church in Mississippi and CLA in Canada the teachers had been paid, the kids have a devotional every Friday and thanks to a brother from Wooddale Church the pastor has gotten a monthly offering of $50.00. He travels 90 minutes to get there, please keep him in your prayers; his name is Jaime Osorio and loves children as I do. It is important to provide a good male role model to the children.


The HIV orphanage is doing well, my teaching is not the best but the children love to come to class! They are learning small things but mostly I enjoy been part of their lives, been there for their birthdays, when they do good at school and when they feel down. Thank you Lord for the blessing we have to minister love to those children. Please keep Alfredo (6 years old) in your prayers he has been hospitalized since July 28th the doctors thought he had TB but the test came back right, so they had been running more test and now we think it is cancer, please pray for a miracle in his life.



            My new church in Sumpango has been a great blessing, and thanks to the Lord we have been able to help 3 families near Sumpango garbage dump this year to get a real home to live, it is amazing to see the change in attitude and to see the thank hearts, but it is hard when other families come to ask when are they going to get a home. One of the main concerns is that lots of the children in this area don’t go to school and stay home alone or wondering in the street, and the ones that go to school come back to an empty home because their parents are trying to get some food back home. We are praying about starting a day care in this area, the building would work as a day care during the week and as a church on Sundays! Please help us pray that if it is God’s will for my church to start that ministry that the Lord will provide the money to buy the land and the human resources to start it. Right now we have $3,000 out of the $5,000 that we need to buy a small piece of land or $8,000 a bigger piece of land.



            My personal life has been blessed with the visit of different teams during summer time! In May my house got completed in April and I moved back in May. My mom came for the blessing of the house! In august I had the very bad news of my father getting very sick, his drinking is the reason why, it hurts me to see him like that, please help me saying a prayer for him, his name is Carlos and I love him very much! I don’t want the alcohol to take my dad again from me. L with that I have to share a miracle that happened, my dad was hospitalized and he has no insurance, and I had to pay for that, I was very worried about that, but a few days later I got an email from CTEN office to let me know that I had a special onetime anonymous offering! I really have no idea who could had gave that offering but for sure I felt God hugging me and I knew everything was going to be fine. My father is out of the hospital and trying to stay sober. My mom also had some health issues but thank God she is doing so much better now.



            I just turned 40 years old, and I am thanking the Lord for them, I pray for many more to serve him, thank you for your cards, phone calls, gifts, you really make me feel loved and cared for, thank you for been my family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing Betty. God bless you and praying for you all.

Justin